Monday, April 24, 2017

My hope for this blog is that I'll at least post something a few times a week, we'll see how that goes because I always have the best of intentions, but I'll be honest - sometimes I can be a bit of a procrastinator.  If you really know me this isn't shocking news. I always have the best of intentions on everything I do. 

I like to throw events or put together a piece of work that is perfect. I start making lists and plans in my head, a lot of times they even make it down onto paper and I figure out what I can do ahead of time, what has to be done at the last minute, and make timelines for everything in between.  This is mainly for things like when I throw parties, but it also seems true for most things that have a deadline somewhere later in the future. If you give me something that I need to get done right away I'm good.  I work well under pressure (that doesn't mean that I won't be stressed and maybe a bit edgy, but I get it done). It's those far ahead projects that kind of get the best of me. All that extra time gives me time to make too many plans in my head, I think about it way too much, for parties and events I will start checking out Pinterest and find all kind of additional ideas for decorations, gifts, recipes, themes, etc. And then I start working on projects and may have a dozen going on at one time. 

Unfortunately I can have the attention span of a squirrel and before I finish one project I will have started three others.  Then I start panicking that time is getting shorter and I have to make decisions on what items aren't going to happen and there may be some panic attacks and mild temper tantrums.  Don't get me wrong - I love to throw a party!  Seriously!  I love it.  And luckily my hubby likes having them too.  What he doesn't like is that I get a bit too stressed out when throwing them.  That procrastinator problem I have? Yah it's not the only one I have.  I am also a Type A personality - in other words I'm a control freak and instead of asking for help I would rather do it all myself.  And I also like to be a perfectionist so then when something doesn't turn out exactly how I wanted it to I may have a bit of a temper tantrum and things may get broken and thrown away.  I'm working on this.  Baby Steps.  Little tiny baby steps. 

The good news is that we have thrown quite a few parties now at the house we are in and we have purchased items that make some things a bit easier, so this has been helpful.  Unfortunately those time savers have just allowed me to think of other things that I can now do to make the party even better for everyone!  You see the truth is - that I enjoy baking, cooking, and putting everything together, along with decorations, etc., but what I really enjoy is making sure everyone else is having a fun time and has something they like to eat and drink. That is what gives me great joy.  Being able to look at our friends and family having fun and looking back on the memories.  I just want to make everyone around me happy and then I get upset if that doesn't happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well hello there!  It's been a few weeks since I've written and I know I've already failed on my promise to myself to write at l...